Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Apron in the Shop Today!


Well, it's officially been 10 very long weeks since my thumb/hand surgery, and (drum roll please)...I'm finally back at the sewing machine.  Although I must admit, it's a bit slow going.  It's taking me a lot longer to get things done these days, but the healing continues and things are moving better and better each passing week.

Probably the worst part of this whole process has been having fabric arrive in the mail--seeing it--loving it--and having to wait, wait, wait to play with it.  That sure was the case with the fabric on this latest Vintage Style apron in the shop.  It's made from Kate Spain's latest fabric collection  "Serenade" for Moda.  This particular print is called "Autumn Thistle" and I LOVE it.  It's got an awesome pop of all the bright colors that I love--orange, blue and green in a geometric thistle pattern. I paired it with a coordinating gray fabric on the neckline and pockets, since the gray trend seems to be here to stay! Since this fabric arrived while I was still in a cast, I was thrilled to have it be the first bolt I went to when my thumb started opposing again :)

Someone once asked me, "How do you choose the fabrics for your aprons?"  Well, being an avid cook, gardener, and house cleaner...my first thought/requirement when falling in love (with a fabric, of course) is most likely..."What color stains will not really show up when I spill/splatter/splash them on this fabric?"  Sad but true--I wear aprons not just because they are pretty, but because I am one messy gal.  So, this new apron will do very nicely when whipping up a batch of fresh pesto, or a few jars of apricot jam.

Make it a great day, or not...the choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment